Followers

Sunday 19 November 2006

Wash day for Curlicue Scarves



I love spirals of every kind. They are found everywhere in life, snail-shells, springs, corkscrews, double helix of the DNA, finger marks, whirlpools, whirlwinds spirls are everywhere.

I designed these spiral curlicue scarves when I was thinking about waves. I often look at different beaches and watch the waves online, I find it relaxing. Living in a city not much change of getting to see real live waves often. The crocheted curlicue scarves needed a bit of a freshing up today (they were in a plastic bag, on show and have been handed by many people....plus I wanted to wear one of them tomorrow as its starting to get on the cold, winter in coming now) so I put them in the washing machine and hung them on the line to dry. When I went to get them off the line they were blowing wildly about in the wind. They reminded me of waves in a bad storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment